Remote Telemetry Units That Support SNMP
SNMP ("Simple Network Management Protocol") is nothing more than a standard language that computers use to control each other and report important information. Its advantage today is that a very large number of devices support it, enabling them to work together. There are several versions of SNMP: v1, v2c and v3 being the most referenced.
SNMP RTUs describes Remote Telemetry Units that send SNMP traps. Often times, SNMP RTUs can also mediate non-SNMP devices to an SNMP manager as well, providing an integrated solution for your network needs.
SNMP RTUs, such as the NetGuardian product line can come in a variety of sizes, making it relatively easy to find one that fits the size of your site and your needs. First came
The KDA which was superseded by the NetGuardian.
The NetGuardian 832A is a larger SNMP remote that is wireless and uses the most secure version of SNMP.
The NetGuardian 420 is a medium sized remote with a built-in terminal server.
The TrapRelay 64 can process SNMP Traps and latch relays as well.
- The NetGuardian 216T.
- The NetGuardian 12a.
- The NetGuardian 16a and16s.
- The NetGuardian 21.
- The NetGuardian 316.
- The NetGuardian 816.
- The Voice 16 with RADIUS.
- The NetDog G2
SNMP RTU for TBOS; the NetMediator T2S.
See Real World SNMP Applications:
- HP Openview: Send SNMP Traps with the NetGuardian 21
- Castle Rock SNMP Manager Monitoring NetGuardians over IP or PPP
- Advent SNMP Manager: Let The Powerful NetDog Send SNMP Traps to Advent
- Sewer Treatment & Pumping Station: Monitor Your Plant 24/7 via Robust SNMP Alarms With NetGuardian
16 Channel Analog Card
Video: NetGuardian 420 RTU is built for smaller sites
SNMP Over T1 Network Alarm Monitoring