23 Burning Questions For Vendors Under Consideration
- Have you done this before? Who and where?
- Do you poll my currently installed remotes, or do I have to do a wholesale swap out?
- What protocols do you support?
- Do you have references or testimonials or am I your first customer?
- Do you support transport diversity (RS232, RS422, LAN, 202) or will I have to reinvest and purchase a new transport layer?
- Can you port my database from my existing master or will I have to manually re-enter the
- Is this solution affordable, or will it cost me a ton of money?
- Will you support me during the transition or am I on my own once you are paid?
- If surprises crop up - do you have the ability to reengineer the solution to make sure I am up and running?
- Does your remote support dual interfaces / protocols for both my new sites as well as my legacy sites?
- Do you offer installation and training or does my staff have to figure it out from the manual (if they even read it)?
- Do you have the ability to custom engineer a perfect fit solution or is your sales staff just a bunch of order takers?
- After you design the perfect system - do you have materials and tools that I need to successfully present this to upper management?
- As my network grows - is there a clear upgrade process for my equipment?
- Are you able to customize my master to support my "special" needs - or do I have to hire a full time programmer?
- Do you have a master, or are you simply selling remotes?
- Do you have remotes, or are you simply selling master stations?
- What type of remote and network debugging and visibility do you have built-in to your products to aid me in troubleshooting communication problems?
- If I have a problem at 4:00 am, can I get emergency tech support?
- When I have an issue, will I get an automated call system or will I get a real voice?
- Are you a vertically integrated supplier - or are you part of five-team consortium?
- Will you fly someone out here, do a site survey to review my alarms, transport, and general needs, help me design a perfect fit solution, field trial it with me, and support me after installation?
- Does your solution fit with my manpower and resource availability?
Are you tired of your present vendor?
Update Your Monitoring Vendor - White Paper
DPS Telecom Releases New White Paper Explaining When You Should Switch to a Modern Monitoring Vendor
Be Sure You're Dealing with a Reputable Monitoring Vendor
Protocol Converter Selection
After Your Transport Upgrade Killed Your Monitoring - Migrate and Enhance It...
Avoid recurring network transport costs
How Gigabit Ports Can Future-Proof Your Network
Using a Serial Server to Improve Productivity and Cut Costs
Print FAA Reports, Graphically Monitor Alarms, Store Them in an SQL Database
T/Mon SLIM Provides Graphical Monitoring With T/Mon GFX
Test Sets for Easy and Efficient Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
Infrastructure upgrades cause unintended monitoring consequences