Remote Power Switch DC: Remotely Toggle Your DC-powered Devices
The Remote Power Controller - the first DC PDU (Power Distribution Unit) from DPS Telecom - allows you to switch on/off and reboot your gear from miles away.
This is a DC power product. (AC version also available from DPS) If you've ever had to jump in your truck and drive hours to a site to reboot jammed DC-powered equipment, you already know exactly why you need the Remote Power Controller. Long drives to your sites are a waste of resources, not to mention longer return-to-service times. With this industrial-grade PDU, you'll power on/off and reboot all your vital DC-powered devices - right from your desk at the Central Office.
Using any PC on your network, you can operate controls, check temperature at the site, and keeps tabs on power consumption - all without rolling a single truck. One feature that makes this PDU special is SNMP compatibility. You'll choose up to 8 alert devices - any combo of SNMP managers and email addresses.
Need to control lots of power at a single location? Use the expansion port on the back of the unit to daisy chain many of these PDUs together. Linked switches will act as a single unit, making them easy to control using the web interface.
For added environmental visibility, the Remote Power Controller also monitors internal and external temperature. This is especially vital at your unmanned sites, where you need toHere's What This Power Controller Can Do For You:
- Switch on/off and reboot, right from your desk chair providing a quick fix for:
- gummed up or jammed gear.
- brown outs or a power transient locks up gear.
- enforcing an auto-reboot after configuration changes.
- a next-level stronger alternative after remote software reset failures.
- Switch 12V, 24V, or 48V devices on a single unit.
- Supports different polarities on different ports (example: +24V on one feed, -48V on another switched output) - making it possible for one unit to switch many types of devices.
- Flexible connectorization - Order the exact power connectors you need.
- Drastically cuts down on expensive truck rolls - Quickly pays for itself.
- Full-RTU build option: Get 16 discretes, 2 analogs, and 2 controls in the same chassis.
- SNMP-compatible - Send SNMP traps and/or receive email alerts.
- Available in single or dual-redundant A-B power inputs.
- Easily daisy-chain a lot of power switches.
- Enable/disable remote access to the unit for on-site troubleshooting.
- Secure web browsing (via SSL encryption) for security-conscious organizations.
- Built-in temperature monitoring to track changing environmental conditions.
- Easily accessable front-panel circuit-breakers(s) (no fuses to replace).
- RoHS 5/6 compliant.
Deploy the remote power switch DC (8 port and 16 port options available) at critical locations to switch on, switch off, and reboot equipment from miles away.
|DC Input:||Available with 8 inputs/outputs OR 16 inputs/outputs (WAGO and other connectors available) |
NOTE: RTU build option not available on the 16 input/output version.
|DC Output:||8 Amps per outlet @ 72 VDC|
|Interfaces:||1 DB9 craft port |
1 - 10BaseT LAN port
4 Phoenix connectors (8 input/output version) OR
8 Phoenix connectors (16 input/output version)
1 4-pin WAGO connector for unit power
50-pin Amphenol connector for discretes/analogs/controls
33.6 Telco modem for backup remote access
1 RS485 expansion port for daisy-chaining additional switches
1-Wire jack (RJ11) for external temp probe
|Control Relay Commands:||On, Off and Reset (off-on)|
|Wire Gauge Supported:||Minimum - 24 |
Maximum - 12
|Web interface:||Yes; supports HTTPS via SSL encryption|
|SNMP:||v1 and v2c|
|Mounting:||19" or 23" rack mountable; 1 RU|
|Firmware Upgrade:||Upgradeable via LAN or serial|
|TTY Interface:||Yes, through from craft port, Telnet on TCP port 2002|
|Operating Temp:||32 to 140 degreen Fahrenheit (0 to 60 degrees Celcius)|
|Operating Humidity:||0 to 95% non-condensing|
|RoHS 5 Approved:||Yes|
|Family Name (for Ordering):||NetGuardian 216 with 8 or 16 switch|
|Ordering Part Number:||D-PK-216RP|
|RTU Build Only:|
|Internal Temp Sensor:||1|
With a DC Remote Power Switch, you can remotely control power to many of your DC-powered devices. This can be used with servers and routers. This can also be used with transmission gear. This can also be used with TV encoders / decoders.
Deploy the Remote Power Switch DC at critical locations to switch on, switch off, and reboot equipment from miles away.
16 port build version of the DC Remote Power Switch.
There are specific specifications for this PDU, but some build options are available:
|Build Options for the Remote Power Switch DC: 8 OR 16 DC power inputs / outputs|
A 66 block is a simple way to use wire-wrap connections with DPS RTUs. When telcos really want connections to stay in place, they use wire wrap. You'll simply punch down your alarm, analog, and/or control relay wiring to the 66 block, then connect the 66 block to the RTU using a standard amphenol cable (also available from DPS).