The factors to take into consideration when choosing Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) for a remote SCADA system might be overwhelming. There are many device options out there claiming they are the best ones for your remote monitoring and control system.
Hardware and software solutions that offer multiple pre-configured features are now available with enough capacity to handle multiple different scenarios.
How do you find the right RTU (Remote Telemetry Unit)? Here are 5 essential features to look for:
1. Discrete alarms: Monitor device failures, intrusion alarms, beacons, and flood and fire detectors.
2. Analog alarm inputs: Monitor voltage, temperature, humidity and pressure.
3. Control relays: Operate remote site equipment directly from your SCADA master.
4. Redundant backup communication: Backup serial ports and/or internal modems will keep your monitoring online even during a LAN failure.
5. Redundant backup power inputs: Dual power inputs and battery backup keep monitoring online, even during power failures.
DPS Telecom offers RTUs that meet all these requirements - and offer local visibility via Web browser, email, pager notifications, and more.
The examples above are just a few of the applications where a RTU can be used. Please give us a call so that we can discuss in more depth how we can customize a solution to fit your needs.
Our Technical Sales team can work with you to get you what you need. We have a vast array of experience in numerous industries such as Telecom, Public Safety, Public Transit, Utilities, Government, Military and so much more. DPS Telecom's specialty is consolidating all your needs into one box. Giving you the opportunity to maximize time and cut down expenses.
The NetGuardian 832A G5 was designed with the previous features in mind, especially to be able to handle all the requirements of medium/large remote sites.
Here are some of its features:
You need to see DPS gear in action. Get a live demo with our engineers.
Download our free SCADA tutorial.
An introduction to SCADA from your own perspective.
Have a specific question? Ask our team of expert engineers and get a specific answer!
Sign up for the next DPS Factory Training!
Whether you're new to our equipment or you've used it for years, DPS factory training is the best way to get more from your monitoring.Reserve Your Seat Today