1. How many remote sites do you need to monitor?
2. Do you want video surveillance at those sites?
3. Do you want a building access control system to manage entry to those sites?
4. How many alarm points do you need to monitor at each site?
5. How much growth, in sites and alarms at each site, do you anticipate over the next 5 years?
6. Do you need any analog inputs (e.g., voltage, temperature, humidity, signal strength)?
7. How many ASCII device (e.g., switches, routers, etc.) will you monitor at your remote sites?
1. How do you currently connect to your remote sites? (LAN, overhead, digital or analog circuit, terminal server, microwave?)
2. Do any of your sites support an alternate path communications link?
3. What type of power do you have at the master and remote sites? (-48 VDC, 110 VAC, other?)
4. How do you want to mount your RTUs (Remote Telemetry Units)? (23" rack, 19" rack, wall, tabletop?)
5. Who will install your RTUs?
This is just a small sample of the DPS Telecom Remote Site Survey. The full Remote Site Survey is a complete 5-page guide to evaluating your network alarm monitoring needs. For your copy of the Remote Site Survey, call DPS Telecom at 1-800-693-0351.
Learn SCADA in-depth in a totally practical hands-on class. The DPS Telecom Factory Training Event will show you how to make your alarm monitoring easier and more effective. You'll learn basic SCADA functionality, Derived Alarms and Controls, and how to configure automatic email and pager notifications. DPS training is the easiest way to learn SCADA, taught by technicians who have installed hundreds of successful monitoring and control deployments.
For dates and registration information, call 1-800-693-0351 today or go to www.dpstele.com/training.
You need to see DPS gear in action. Get a live demo with our engineers.
Download our free SCADA tutorial.
An introduction to SCADA from your own perspective.
Have a specific question? Ask our team of expert engineers and get a specific answer!
Sign up for the next DPS Factory Training!
Whether you're new to our equipment or you've used it for years, DPS factory training is the best way to get more from your monitoring.Reserve Your Seat Today