Selecting the Right Telecom Network Management System
Make sure these essential functions are included in any telecom network management system that you consider:
- Alarm sorting and analysis: Make sense of alarm cascades with automatic intelligent alarm sorting, filtering, processing, and trend analysis.
- Alarm presentation and notification: Send detailed alarm descriptions and correction instructions to NOC and field techs via pager notifications and web interfaces.
- Alarm collection and device management: Don't settle for limited alarm monitoring systems. Get multiprotocol support for every monitoring device in your network, plus discrete alarms, analog alarms, ping alarms, and redundant path reporting.
"All the remote site management systems I make are backed by my no-risk, money-back guarantee. If you buy my equipment and you're not satisfied for any reason during the first 30 days, simply return it for a full refund. If my product doesn't solve your problem, I don't want you to have it."
- Bob Berry, CEO, DPS Telecom
Remote Site Management Systems Essentials
Here's a handy checklist of essential features you should look for in alarm monitoring systems. Print this checklist out and use it to rate the alarm monitoring systems you're evaluating. If a system can't meet these basic requirements, cross it off your list.
Critical alarm collection and device management functions
- Multiprotocol support for your existing devices
- Live analog monitoring
- Back-up dial-up reporting
- Control relays
- SNMP support and ping alarms
Essential alarm sorting and analysis functions
- Alarm sorting
- Custom combination alarms
- Root cause analysis
- Nuisance alarm filtering
- History and trend analysis
Key alarm presentation and notification functions
- Detailed alarm notifications
- Alarm correction instructions
- Web interface
- Pager and e-mail notifications
This is just a checklist of basic functions to look for in alarm monitoring systems. If you want to find alarm monitoring systems that meet and exceed your requirements, select one of the options below ...