NetGuardian RTUs With T1 Support
Do you have some sites that are completely unmonitored because you don't have LAN? Having visibility over your remote sites is necessary to protect you from unanticipated failures. Still, getting LAN to a remote site can be costly and sometimes even geographically impossible. Expensive LAN transport cards don't provide any monitoring at all, and they can even cost many times more than an RTU. What's really effective is to deploy a remote telemetry unit that can supply LAN to your devices using your site's T1 or E1 connection.
The NetGuardian 216T G2 has 16 discrete sensors, 2 controls, 6 analogs, and communicates with up to 7 devices via LAN over T1.
Bring LAN to your T1 Sites for Complete Visibility
The new NetGuardian 216T G2 remote is designed for your company's sites with T1 or E1 Connectivity, to provide a higher level of visibility over critical operations. Similar to the NetGuardian 240T in function, the 216T G2 gives you a smaller-capacity option for getting visibility to sites that lack Ethernet accessibility. This medium-capacity option is perfect for sites where a large-capacity RTU is unnecessary, but you still need many of the advanced functions that come with larger RTUs, such as a built-in terminal server and support for ping targets.
This remote is a T1 and Ethernet-based remote with a wide temperature range and support for SNMP & DCPx reporting protocols, as well as standard link protocols Frame Relay/T1 & PPP/T1. And because the NetGuardian 216T has an integrated 7-port switch, you can bring LAN to 7 other external devices at the site without Ethernet and without purchasing a separate T1 router.
The NetGuardian 216T is 1 rack unit and supports 16 "software reversible" discrete alarms to connect both N/O and N/C alarm wiring. The NetGuardian 216T comes equipped 6 analog inputs, D-Wire, and a 1-port terminal server so you can remotely access a serial device using Telnet.
The NetGuardian 216T also allows you to remotely control external devices via its 2 internal relays. These controls are a convenient and time efficient way of remotely switching equipment in the field. You will be able to remotely access up to 2 external pieces of equipment and perform actions such as turning ON/OFF lights, turning ON/OFF backup generators, OPEN/CLOSE gates, etc.
The NetGuardian 216T G2 front panel with an LED status lights, craft port, and LCD monitor.
Some additional benefits of the NetGuardian 216T G2:
- The NetGuardian 216T's Web Browser interface allows for easy and convenient centralized alarm management and unit configuration via Web Browser that can run on any platform or operating system. If you get notified of an alarm away form your normal workstation you can go to the nearest computer (with internet access) and log onto the NetGuardian. The user friendly interface allows complete access to all the functions of the unit and enables the user to quickly set up alarm point descriptions, view alarm status, issue controls, configure paging information, and much more.
- Dual -48VDC power feeds allow you to connect the secondary power feed to a backup source. The Dual Power feeds will automatically draw from both power sources and provide an internal alarm if one source fails.
- Multi-level password access lets you control who accesses your units and to what level.
- Free firmware updates on WEB to easily access new functionality at no cost.
- Ping IP network devices and verify that they're online and operating.
To get more information, an upgrade discount price quote or ROI analysis...
Need a Quote?
Get it by: 4:15 PM Friday (today)
Send Us Your Quote Request
We'll Start Work on Your Detailed Quote
Get Your Quote (Email PDF)
It's 5:21 AM on Friday at our Fresno, CA, USA headquarters. It's early in the morning, but we'll start on your quote as soon as we get into the office.