T/MonXM Tip: Use History Reports for Trend Analysis using Easy Tools Like Excel
All the information gathered by your T/MonXM system can be exported in the form of a history report file. This file is a tremendous resource of information about your system.
Analyzing history reports give you the means of tracking trends and identifying problem areas in your network. You can use this information to find recurring problems, which will help you prevent future problems. This data can also help you plan maintenance schedules and equipment replacement.
To make trend analysis simpler, T/MonXM supports exporting history reports as comma-delimited text files, which can be imported into standard software tools like databases and spreadsheets. This means you can use familiar tools like Excel to chart and graph alarm data, making the data visual and clearly understandable for study or presentation.
To import alarm history into a database, follow these steps:
- In T/MonXM, choose Reports from the Master menu.
- Choose History from the Report Mode menu.
- Choose Export History from the History Report menu.
- A selection prompt will ask you if you want the history report sent to the printer or a file. Insert a floppy disk into the floppy drive of your T/Mon NOC and select "Output To: A."
Note: The floppy disk must be inserted into the disk drive of the T/Mon, not a computer remotely accessing the T/MonXM system.
- The History Report window will appear. Here you can filter which alarms you want to export to the history report file. You can filter reports by beginning and end date, time, alarm type, window, address, port, display, and point. When applying alarm filters, remember that an event must pass all the selected filter criteria to be included in the history report.
- Your floppy disk now contains a comma-delimited file of the selected history report, ready for importing to a database or spreadsheet.