Monitor ASCII Devices
Monitor and Control ASCII Devices from Your Alarm Management Console
Any device that exports ASCII text, such as PBXs, switches, and routers, can be monitored and controlled from a multiprotocol alarm management system. Information from the raw ASCII text is extracted and processed according to rules defined by the user. You can even set up auto-databasing rules, so even previously undefined alarms from ASCII devices are automatically databased and processed.
An advanced alarm management system will provide the highest quality visibility of your ASCII devices, with support for:
- Precise, detailed alarm descriptions
- Identification of cleared alarms
- List of standing and change-of-state alarms
- System operator identification
- Multi-user security
- Alarm sorting and organization
- Nuisance alarm management and after-hours notification
Integrate ASCII and non-ASCII Devices on the Same Platform
An integrated, multiprotocol master will also poll all your non-ASCII devices, allowing you to consolidate all your alarm monitoring on a single platform. You can eliminate the need for specialized terminals and reduce the number of screens your staff needs to monitor to one. All of your alarm data is integrated into a single display that can show you - at a glance - the state of your entire network.
Using an integrated platform for all your monitoring offers these significant benefits:
- Substantial savings in initial expenditure, operational, and maintenance costs.
- Single-platform solution is quickly brought to full implementation, saving time, expense, and the risk of unmonitored network threats
- Only one interface to learn-monitor your network with a small staff without specialized training