The Remote Power Controller - the first DC PDU (Power Distribution Unit) from DPS Telecom - allows you to switch on/off and reboot your gear from miles away. This is a DC power product.
also available from DPS)
If you've ever had to jump in your truck and drive hours to a site to reboot jammed DC-powered equipment, you already know exactly why you need the Remote Power Controller. Long drives to your sites are a waste of resources, not to mention longer return-to-service times. With this industrial-grade PDU, you'll power on/off and reboot all your vital DC-powered devices - right from your desk at the Central Office.
Using any PC on your network, you can operate controls, check temperature at the site, and keeps tabs on power consumption - all without rolling a single truck. One feature that makes this PDU special is SNMP compatibility. You'll choose up to 8 alert devices - any combo of SNMP managers and email addresses.
Need to control lots of power at a single location? Use the expansion port on the back of the unit to daisy chain many of these PDUs together. Linked switches will act as a single unit, making them easy to control using the web interface.
For added environmental visibility, the Remote Power Controller also monitors internal and external temperature. This is especially vital at your unmanned sites, where you need to
Here's What This Power Controller Can Do For You:
- Switch on/off and reboot, right from your desk chair providing a quick fix for:
- gummed up or jammed gear.
- brown outs or a power transient locks up gear.
- enforcing an auto-reboot after configuration changes.
- a next-level stronger alternative after remote software reset failures.
- Switch 12V, 24V, or 48V devices on a single unit.
- Supports different polarities on different ports (example: +24V on one feed, -48V on another switched output) - making it possible for one unit to switch many types of devices.
- Flexible connectorization - Order the exact power connectors you need.
- Drastically cuts down on expensive truck rolls - Quickly pays for itself.
- Full-RTU build option: Get 16 discretes, 2 analogs, and 2 controls in the same chassis.
- SNMP-compatible - Send SNMP traps and/or receive email alerts.
- Available in single or dual-redundant A-B power inputs.
- Easily daisy-chain a lot of power switches.
- Enable/disable remote access to the unit for on-site troubleshooting.
- Secure web browsing (via SSL encryption) for security-conscious organizations.
- Built-in temperature monitoring to track changing environmental conditions.
- Easily accessable front-panel circuit-breakers(s) (no fuses to replace).
- RoHS 5/6 compliant.