Page Repair Technicians Automatically When Alarms Occur
Alarm Monitoring Clipped to Your Belt
Your maintenance crews don't sit in front of a computer all day. They're out in the field, ensuring your network provides reliable service to your customers. They're on the front lines, where network visibility is needed most. Pager notifications bring up-to-the-minute information about network problems to the personnel who can immediately correct them.
Receive Pager Notifications Directly From Remotes
An advanced, full-featured RTU can independently send pager notifications directly to technicians, even if your master or SNMP manager doesn't support paging. If an alarm occurs, the remote will automatically page maintenance and security staff and send detailed notifications and instructions to alphanumeric pagers, cell phones, and PDAs.
A remote that supports independent paging is a convenient way to add paging capability to your network monitoring without going to the trouble and expense of replacing your master. And it's a great way to filter alarms; the remote is provisioned only with the pager numbers of the technicians responsible for the site, so technicians receive only the pages they need to see.
What Do You Want Your Alarm Collection Device To Do?
- Monitor Discrete, Analog, and Ping Alarms
- Report Alarms in the Protocol of Your Choice
- Control Remote Site Equipment
- Filter Nuisance Alarms
- Provide Stand-Alone Monitoring and Automatically Dispatch Repair Personnel
- Provide Alarm Monitoring Capacity That's Exactly Right for Your Sites
- Link Remote Sites to Central Offices Using LAN or Dial-Up
- Mediate Alarm Inputs Between Different Protocols
- Report Alarms Over a T1 Connection
How Are Other Companies Using Alarm Collection Devices?
- EATEL keeps their customers happy with fast network outage response times
- RT Communications Uses the NetGuardian & IAM to Bring Network Monitoring In-House
- New York City Transit's $141 million project to create an ATM/SONET network for the 21st century
- In-house monitoring improves reliability at Triangle Communications Inc.